Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25 adventures

1) The day began as most of Thursdays have here in Austin: at ARCH with Texas Pie Kitchen. I've been out of town for a few weeks, so I hadn't been in ages, and it was good to see all the pie peeps. As a vet baker (...) I supervised a couple of first timers on some Caramel Apple Pecan pie, which has a lot of steps and also looked and smelled like some kind of sinful rapture.

2) Went to Faulk and got my library card. Yay!

3) My roomie/ best friend/ TextTwist co-pilot David and I headed to Barfly's for a few rounds in the late evening. We ended up talking to a couple of people who live in Toronto, one of whom, by the way, went to school with Bryan Lee O'Malley and knows people that the Scott Pilgrim characters are based on. For example, consider this exchange:
K, to her buddy: "Like, you know John?"
L: "Yeah."
K: "That's Scott!"
me, on the inside: "omygodomygodomygod ok, be cool. watch that drool on the corner of you mouth..."
So yeah, not only does Scott Pilgrim and crew exist, I know someone who knows them! Ah!!! Commence freaking out!
The rest of that night kind of disappeared in a well of vodka-sodas. One of our other roommates, Vanessa, showed up and we gabbed with some random dudes, and David went off in search of Amazon companions, which he found. We ended up shutting the place down, inadvertently stole a glass (ok, it was kind of advertent), went home, watched How I Met Your Mother and ate fritos until about 3 am. And it's only Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment