Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 26


Just one adventure for today: after doing pretty much nothing all day, David and I met up with a buddy of ours and went to Club deVille to boogie down at Soul Happening, a semi-regular funk and soul vinyl dance party-athon. The music was great, the beer was cold (well, for about five minutes), and the people were gettin down. At one point, we joined a train and scooted around the dance floor, and while 'Love Train' wasn't the song playing, I of course was watching this in my mind. We had a swell time, although I'm paying for now in sleep deprivation and a dull headache.

O, some initial neat from the beginning of the evening:
Group near David and I: "Man, David D. is such an asshole!" "I know! Did I tell y'all what he said to me today?" etc. etc.
David, getting up and pulling out his driver's lisence: "I couldn't help over hearing; I'm David D."
Group: gleeful laughter from all parties

I mean, they didn't say 'gleeful laughter,' so much as they errupted into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment