Monday, July 20, 2009

July 17- 20

Another unproductive weekend, come and gone. Ah well, it was fun. Low key fun, but I'm not complaining.

Thursday, I started the day with another glorious, if a bit early, few hours at the Texas Pie Kitchen, whipping up a peach, a German chocolate, and a couple lemon chess pies before the morn' twas done.



That afternoon, I had 2 (count 'em, 2!) job interviews. One with the engineering department at UT, which didn't pan out, I found today, but did grant me an entirely new interview experience: the guy doing the hiring asked me my favorite poem- to which I totally blanked- and then proceeded to pull a book off his shelf and read me his, a Robert Frost number. Weird, I know, but I'm usually a fan of the unconventional, so way to go, that guy. The second interview was for a position I want a whole lot, actually, with the Coalition of Texans with Disabilities. Since I started interning at TECEC, the idea of working in the non-profit section has become more and more appealing, and CTD has some pretty awesome stuff going on. I still haven't heard from them, but I felt like the interview went decently well; it's taken some superglue of optimism, but my fingers are still crossed.

That evening, I went with Geoff for a delicious bowl of noodles at Pho Thaison, one of the few original spots on the drag (original according to 2001 standards, mind you). Then it was on to the Dobie for to see Moon, a movie that uses the sci fi genre to get at some philosophical, self-confrontation type questions. It's kind of uncomfortable, I liked it quite a bit.

Friday, the main event was dinner with the housemates and our good friend Maggie at Casa de Luz, a vegan oasis in a town of at worst vegetarian-friendly dining. ... The food was filling and tasted pretty good for the most part. Still, not a diet I wouldn't have trouble sticking to... The evening ended with beer, more friends coming over, and Balderdash. All in all, an inoffensive, but enjoyable night.

Saturday, I spent the morning tracking down my new favorite song, as you know if you read my last post. Sorry for the redundancy. Sorry. The rest of day included some basketball (my game's improving!), a bit of pool lounging, and much tiredness. Still, I was able to rally my energy for a few hours at Lovejoy's, which was both lovely AND joyful .

Sunday I planned on doing on work and, surprise surprise, did not.


Monday after interning, I made veggie lasagna with Vanessa and it was awesome. What holds the future? Stay tuned!

1 comment: