Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June 30- July 3

In the adventure bin this week (daily updates. psh. who needs em?):
1) Terror Tuesday at Alamo Drafthouse downtown. They were showing Maximum Overdrive, an awesomely bad 80s action-suspense flick, which I recommend if you're high, wasted, high-waisted, or easily amused (that would be me).
2) Tuesday at TECEC was the amazing executive director's last day before a three week vacation, so Wednesday began what will surely be an extended adventure. Day 1- I drafted an e-alert. No fires yet.
3) Thursday began as many do for me: at Texas Pie Kitchen. I baked a cherry cream cheese pie and two chocolate pumpkin cream cheese swirls, which took a lot more steps than the seemingly simple recipe would've lead one to believe. I also got to take the extra pumpkin filling home, possibly for pumpkin bread french toast. !!
4) After baking for hours, I went to take a computer skill tests for to help me on my job search. I discoved I can type about 55 w/m and scored 90 on spelling test. Really, though, spelling? In the age of spellcheck? And also, while you're taking the test, it doesn't let you backspace if you've already spaced past the word. What the hell? So even if you see that you made a mistake, you can't fix in the test setting, even though in a real environment, you can. Another example of how standardized testing fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment